Wednesday 22 April 2020

How are you beating the blues during coronavirus?

A beautiful day in Santorini
Well, it's another beautiful day in the northwest of England 🌞That being said, I can hardly believe it! 

I'm not religious myself, but I sincerely believe there is a higher power watching over me right now being that I'm in such a rainy part of the world. 
I've been thinking, as I'm sure many of you have during this current time, about many different things: Whether or not you'll be able to go back to work, when you'll be able to socialize and go out with your friends and when you'll be able to hop on a plane to your favorite exotic locations again. I'll be honest, that last one is always on my mind! 😉 

It is such an unnatural thing for all of us to be living such a simple life and even though it has been an extremely humbling experience, there are definitely days where you feel like you're trying to beat the blues!

I have been so lucky to have discovered new hobbies during quarantine including becoming an amateur artist, taking up chess and of course starting this blog but despite all this new excitement in my life there are still days where I wake up thinking 'when will things go back to normal, how am I going to master all of the aspects of running a blog (the big one being promotion) and when will I be able to start earning a decent income again?! I'm sure I am not the only one feeling this and know that these questions I'm asking are teeny tiny compared to people with much bigger problems. 
Everyone needs a little love in their life


My advice to myself, and to you if you need some, is to breath. It's OK to feel fear, to be nervous about what the future holds but as I've said in my previous posts, human beings have incredible potential to make magic happen, especially when things aren't so great. All you need is the determination, confidence and persistence to carry you forward to the next day because I promise you, It will get better!

The second is get up and move your body. I don't mean going for a 15 mile run, unless that's your jam, or climbing the tallest hill in your vicinity! My favorite way to exercise is to put on a bangin' Beyonce song and dance around the room with crazy arm motions. (The neighbors probably think I'm crazy 😜) Either way, you do you Friend! 

These two methods have helped me in so many situations, both in my professional and personal life. You will always be learning and evolving so be patient, try not to worry to much and give yourself a pat on the back for even getting this far. You're already winning!


A scrumptious lunch in the heart of Venice!
I'd be really interested to know what your strategies are for beating your personal blues, and if you're feeling like this time in quarantine is helping you achieve things you'd never thought about trying before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 things on your to do list that excite you right now

Reading the same stack of romance novels, taking frozen meals out of the freezer every afternoon cause it's your w...