Friday 24 April 2020

Where do you find inspiration?

'A Sudden, brilliant or timely idea.'

Doesn't that definition of inspiration just ooze enthusiasm and excitement for you? It sure does, me! It would be interesting to collect all of the different translations of inspiration and see which one sounded the best. Although, personally, I think the English language has it down!
We are so lucky as human beings to have the opportunity each day to be inspired. Maybe for you that means watching a YouTube performance of your favorite singer. Maybe it means landing that job you've been hoping for and you just can't wait to get involved and show what an expert you are in your field! Or maybe, in my mama's case, it means hiking in the depths of nature with some hard core athletes and feeling encouraged enough to scale a jagged rock face. Whatever it is, I believe that inspiration is a key thing in personal growth and feeling excited about your life!

Personally, my inspiration comes from a number of things, but I would have to say music, in all it's forms, has the ability to make me feel determined to chase my dreams and go for the goals that brew deep in the back of my mind. There's nothing like Whitney Houston's song 'Higher Love'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTYOkcRH220 to get me dancing and ready to take on the world!

Well we all know you're not reading this post to hear about my inspirations so, go on... What gets you inspired? What do you look forward to after a long day at work, do you have a favorite hobby that you feel inspired to turn in to a career? Please, let me know!

I know everyone goes through tough times in their life. Heck, this lockdown is turning out to be one of the toughest times in all of our lives! That being said, I believe that some of the best inspiration comes out of feeling like you have nothing or that you have no idea where you'll begin again when things go back to normal. And so, to leave you with a quote that should make you feel your most inspired self, let's take some advice from the great Langston Hughes:

'Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die life is a broken-winged bird, that cannot fly.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top 10 things on your to do list that excite you right now

Reading the same stack of romance novels, taking frozen meals out of the freezer every afternoon cause it's your w...